Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Am Not Ashamed


Some people tell me that I am going to lose followers and hurt my business because I tweeted about prayer. Actually I tweeted about praying for a sick person but I get the point.

I would like to say this:

My name is Bille Baty.
I am a husband.
I am a father.
I am a grandfather.
I am a brother.
I am an uncle.
I am a friend.
I am a businessman.
I am a networker.
I am a go-giver.
I pay it forward.
I am silly.
I am happy.
I am positive.
I am far from perfect but I am attempting to be the very best person I can.
I believe in God.
I am a Christian.
I believe in the power of prayer.

If I need to change any of these things to please someone, or do business with them, or share some social platform of interaction, or keep from losing followers, may I just say...

As you leave, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!

As imperfect as I am, I am not ashamed of who I am or what I believe.

If I choose to mention prayer, or God, in a tweet or in a blog post, that is my prerogative.

It is your prerogative not to read my tweets or blog posts and to believe and mention anything you choose and can get by with in your tweets and blog posts.

I am not ashamed!

I will continue to be the person I am, only better.

Keep Believing...


2 comments:

  1. If someone follows you and can't respect your beliefs and opinions, then you really don't want or need them as followers.

    I always believed this is true for things like sense of humor (at least in my case, not everybody get), however, this is far more important when dealing with matters such as religion, which is truly a very personal aspect of one's life and we must all respect.

    I lost some followers when I tweeted about topics that I thought would not be received by everyone (someone even blocked me), but on average I gain far more followers than I lose by having a personality rather than by trying to please everyone. And I would certainly not want to follow or have as a follower anyone who doesn't respect me as a person.

    ReplyDelete