Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

There's A Homer Simpson Inside Of You


Did you know there’s a Homer Simpson inside of you?
“Dope!”
Seriously, I’m going to list a few of Homer’s quotes and see if any of them are familiar to you…or if you have an eerily similar thing you've said…or thought.
“Oh, so they have internet on computers now!”
“Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers.”
“Well, its 1 a.m. Better go home and spend some quality time with the kids.”
“Doughnuts. Is there anything they can't do?”
“When will I learn? The answer to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV!”
“Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.”
“I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.”
“If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing.”

“Yes, honey ... Just squeeze your rage up into a bitter little ball and release it at an appropriate time, like that day I hit the referee with the whiskey bottle.”
Okay, maybe you don’t have Homer inside of you but there is someone inside of you, and it may not be the person we all know and love.
There was this two-year-old boy who one morning asked his mother, “Mommy, do you want me to go to the damned car?” You see his mother had been flustered a few times and been running late getting to work a few times and had yelled at the kids in the morning a few times saying, “I’m late…get in the damned car.”
This two-year-old thought the shiny thing in the driveway with four wheels was called a “damned car” and innocently asked if he should go to it.
All of us probably have similar stories because all of us struggle with life. Life has good times and life has not so good times. Life has choices we all have to make:
Am I going to be positive?
Am I going to be negative?
Am I going to bless?
Am I going to curse?
Am I going to believe?
Am I going to doubt?
Am I going to solve a problem?
Am I going to create, or add to a problem?
Am I going to be happy?
Am I going to be unhappy?
Am I going to build up?
Am I going to tear down?
Am I going to add to?
Am I going to take away from?
Am I going to love?
Am I going to hate?
Your life…and how you live it…is decided by you…you on the inside…
Unless you have Homer on the inside…then you believe this, “Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter than you or I, many of them incompetent boobs. I know this because I worked alongside them, gone bowling with them, watched them pass me over for promotions time and again. And I say ... This stinks!”
Keep Believing…

No comments:

Post a Comment